January 2012 will take me to my 7th continent. Boy, am I excited.
Here is a look at my itinerary on the Silversea Silver Explorer. I am traveling with my good cruise buddy, Betty from Houston. I've cruised with Betty twice before, but this time we will be roommates. Does she know what she's getting into? Just teasing, Betty. For those of you who know me well, Crystal can't go on this trip.... she has her winter conference during the cruise. But we hope to take a Flat Crystal with us!!! I told Crystal, when she can go to Antarctica, I'll go back with her. ;-)
Last week, I headed to REI in Durham for my gear that included 2 pairs of wool socks, silk socks liners, merino wool sock liners, waterproof Gore-Tex 3-in-1 Mittens with glove cats, a neck gaiter, ski goggles, waterproof pants, fleece cap that covers my ears and cap retainer, and a silk base layer. This was an impromptu visit and I didn't have my list. Didn't do too bad from memory, I think I only forgot my trekking poles. Those will have to wait, but then I can use my REI membership discount. I had already purchased my cuddledud type tops at Smithfield a few weeks ago. With the three layers we need to wear for our zodiac landings, we should all look like polar bears. Lucky for us, our parkas will be waiting for us when we arrive on the Explorer in Ushuaia, Argentina. One less then I have to pack.
more later.......

No comments:
Post a Comment