Thursday, July 12, 2012

Maui Bound

This week Crystal got the idea to go to Maui next month.  How fortunate for me, that I am invited to go, too.  Woo-Hoo, my first trip to Hawaii.  I've been to all seven continents, now I need to visit all 50 states.

Some Maui quotes: bad spacing issues.  From http://www.mauihawaii.org/MauiPDF.pdf

Maui is where people are sent when heaven is overbooked.
Here today, gone to Maui.
You go your way, I'll go Maui.
The sun'll come out to Maui.
Happily Mauied
The more the Mauier.
Eat, drink and be Maui.
Whykiki? (when you can Maui)
I am going to the island of the valley,
To Lahaina, Lahaina Luna.
Where the mountains are green, you will find me.
In Lahaina, Lahaina Luna.
They say that "Maui no ka oi"
And I agree.
Maui no ka oi---
It's the only place for me.
That's why you'll find me
Down by the seaside,
Watching the moonlight,
The twinkling starlight,
The golden sunrise,
The evening sunset,
In Lahaina,
Lahaina Luna.
I'm going to Maui tomorrow
To marry Tamara Malone.
Nothing could be finer
Than to live in Lahaina
And make Tamara my own.
I am going to the island of the valley
To live a life of delight.
I'm going to Maui
To marry Tamara tomorrow
Unless I get lucky tonight.
"The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean"
(Mark Twain, 1866)
"I'd rather live one day in Maui than a month in New York." (Charles Lindbergh)

More Maui later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment