Saturday, August 14, 2010

Adult Adventures With My Mom

During college and after, my mom... we called her Bob, and I began traveling in the summer and sometimes sneaking a trip in during the school year.  As an educator, it was difficult to travel between the end of August and mid June, but a few times we did get in some fun trips.

Bob and I drove down to Savannah one hot August and spent 3 nights there.  We took a Grey Line tour, saw the lovely homes and a drive in the Bonaventure Cemetery, famous for headstones.  The most memorable headstone is on the front cover of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt.  We walked and shopped along the waterfront and I remember having a nice dinner at the Pirates Restaurant.   We didn't know about Paula Dean then, but if we had, we would have been in line at her restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment